While keeping our clients and teams protected
The arrival of warmer weather means the arrival of ticks, fleas and/or heartworm. To help your furry family member remain free of these unwelcome guests, let’s get them protected!
Although our community is faced with an unprecedented situation, our team at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital has taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing the necessary care and prevention treatment for your pet.
We are offering a new Parasite Prevention Plan for Pets – a plan designed to provide your pet with parasite prevention while practicing physical distancing during these challenging times.
Check out which of these two options is best for you and your pet. If you are unsure, call or email us and we can discuss which solution is best.
Option 1: Prevention Medication Pick Up or Home Delivery
When to pick this option: “My pet is healthy and I want to ensure it stays that way.”
This option is best for: Clients whose pets have visited our hospital in the last 12 months.
- Call or email us to provide updates or changes to your pet’s health.
- Decide on the best method to receive the medication – home delivery or hospital pick up*.
- Receive or pick up medication for your pet. Instructions will be provided on how you can administer the medication.
*For home delivery, shipping charges will apply.
All pick ups at our hospital are “no-contact.” When you arrive, remain in your vehicle and call us so we can bring the medication to you.
Option 2: Prevention Medication with Contactless Hospital Visit
When to pick this option: “My pet has health challenges.”
This option is best for: Clients whose pet is on regular medication, has existing conditions (weight loss, chronic issues, or medications), and/or has had a noticeable change in health, and may require an examination from our veterinarian.
- Call or email us to discuss your pet’s health and to book an appointment.
- When you arrive, remain in your vehicle and call us. We will provide directions on a contactless method to transfer your pet to us for their visit. Only your pet enters the hospital while you remain in your vehicle.
- The veterinarian will connect with you via phone or video during or post-exam. The doctor will discuss any additional testing that is recommended based on diagnosis.
- One of our staff members will bring the seasonal prevention medication (and any other medication) to you outside the hospital along with your pet.
- We will discuss treatment and take payment over the phone (or bring the credit and debit card machine to you, where applicable).
For your parasite prevention inquiries, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 204.253.2668. Due to higher than normal call volume, we may not be able to answer the phone right away. Please leave us a message or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our regular methods may have changed, but our goal remains the same – to ensure our furry friends continue to stay healthy and protected so you can enjoy their snuggles all year long.
For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.