We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Pet Insurance. There are many different companies with multiple plans that vary in coverage and monthly premiums. Register your pet early and while healthy, as with people, there will often be exclusions for pre-existing conditions that can result in limited or no coverage:
Dedicated credit card or line of credit – If you have adequate credit, you can pay for emergency pet insurance using credit cards.
One approach is to choose a low-interest credit card and dedicate that card specifically for pet emergency medical bills. Consider choosing one with no annual fee.
Pet card financing – PetCard represent an immediate option for covering emergency vet bills. This product is provided by iFinance Canada and is a financing arrangement, not a credit card, that allows you to request a financial amount and determine scheduled monthly repayment periods that can span from 6 months to 5 years.
Raise your own pet funds online – Web-savvy pet owners can pursue another emerging avenue for generating funds. They can post emergency pet care expenses as a cause on one of a growing number of fundraising websites. The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada says that FundRazr has a fundraising campaign page specifically for animals and pets. Other websites that enable Canadian pet owners to raise funds online include Indiegogo and Youcaring.com.
Despite the enticing opportunities, consumers should carefully research any required fees before signing up for any fundraising service.
Circling around before lying down is likely a residual instinct from when their ancestors lived out in the wilderness. Your dog’s ancestors would have paced in circles to flatten down and warm their sleeping area.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last Updated: Monday, May 11, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 204.253.2668. We will take a history over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the exam is complete, we will give you a call to discuss our recommended treatment plan and then return to your vehicle. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way! Note: the door will be locked. Please distance away from the entrance and a member of our team will greet you.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday & Tuesday: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital