We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
At St. Vital Veterinary Hospital, we are fully equipped to provide x-ray and ultrasound services for your pet. Our veterinarians and registered veterinary technologists are trained in the latest technology to ensure quality images are produced.
How do you use X-ray and radiology services at your hospital?
Clear diagnostic imaging can be essential in veterinary medical cases. Our medical team is trained to take quality images effectively to ensure minimal exposure. Our veterinarians have many years of training, making them the most qualified person to interpret these images. Our hospital also has access to veterinary radiologist specialists if our team feels the need for a second opinion.
How much does a dog X-ray exam cost?
For pricing, please contact the hospital, and we will be happy to provide you with a quote.
Circling around before lying down is likely a residual instinct from when their ancestors lived out in the wilderness. Your dog’s ancestors would have paced in circles to flatten down and warm their sleeping area.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Thursday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 204.253.2668. We will take a history over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the exam is complete, we will give you a call to discuss our recommended treatment plan and then return to your vehicle. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way! Note: the door will be locked. Please distance away from the entrance and a member of our team will greet you.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Thursday: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm, Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, and Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital