We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Our cats are our lifelong companions. With time, health conditions may arise that may affect their quality of life. Here at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital, we are proud to offer you the option of humane euthanasia. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the care and compassion needed during this difficult time.
When should I consider pet euthanasia?
You know your cat best. When you notice your cat’s quality of life has suffered to the point that they no longer enjoy doing the things that make them happy, we recommend calling our hospital to have a conversation about end of life care.
What is the process for cat euthanasia?
Each family takes comfort in one of our exam rooms. We ensure that your cat is treated with dignity and respect. The procedure does not take a lot of time and is very peaceful.
Do you do house calls?
We do not provide in-home euthanasia. Our team can provide you with the name and number of a house call veterinarian.
Can I stay with my cat during euthanasia?
Absolutely. We encourage you to stay with your beloved pet during this difficult time. It is very sad; although your pet may be sick, they will take comfort in knowing their loved ones are there with them in their last moments.
What is the cost of at home or in-hospital euthanasia?
Please contact our hospital to discuss euthanasia and cremation options.
Do you offer pet bereavement support service?
Our hospital does not offer bereavement support services. Our team can provide you with information for a group that can help you and your family during this difficult time.
Circling around before lying down is likely a residual instinct from when their ancestors lived out in the wilderness. Your dog’s ancestors would have paced in circles to flatten down and warm their sleeping area.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last Updated: Monday, May 11, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 204.253.2668. We will take a history over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the exam is complete, we will give you a call to discuss our recommended treatment plan and then return to your vehicle. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way! Note: the door will be locked. Please distance away from the entrance and a member of our team will greet you.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday & Tuesday: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital